Basic skills are very, very important. No matter what the situation, the interpreter should learn the basic skills solidly. Today, the translation company will share with you the tips of learning the basic skills of translation.
1. There is no shortcut to translation. Diligence is necessary. Practice the translation of famous works, and find the gap against famous experts.
2. Reference books are indispensable.
For the contents with Chinese characteristics, Mr. Wang recommended the concise dictionary of Chinese and English Chinese proper names and terms by Peking University Press;
For the name of Chinese organizations, we recommend the Handbook of Chinese and English organizations in China, the Handbook of Chinese and English organizations in China published in China today, and the Handbook of Chinese and English organizations in China and foreign countries;
The Chinese English English Dictionary of world religions is recommended;
For other translation knowledge, we recommend the dictionary of Chinese and English idioms, the dictionary of common Tibetan names and geographical names, the dictionary of Chinese and English ancient and modern common vocabulary, and the Chinese key words published by new world press. The Chinese key words can give you a good reference for some unique Chinese expressions.
3. The problem of "Chinglish" should be avoided in Chinese-English translation.
4. The caliber of internal publicity and external publicity should be different. The subjects of our internal and external speeches are different. Chinese repetition and verbose content should be paid attention to when translated into English. Chinese likes to use adjectives, and we should also pay attention to reduce the number of words with personal tendency and strong subjectivity when they are translated into English.
5. The process of translation is usually to read the manuscript at least twice after getting it, make sure of the Chinese language, and then find references and do homework according to the theme of the article. If you have the opportunity to work together with the senior translator, you must learn more from them. Translation is a process of continuous learning. It's a shortcut to improve yourself to get guidance from others.
6. Use correct proofreading symbols when proofreading.
7. Corpus accumulation. Usually we need to look for Chinese and British comparative materials, such as government work reports and important speeches of leaders.
8. With the help of the Internet, some organization names, activity names, people names, birth and death years, new words and so on can be obtained from the Internet.
9. Some translation rules also need to be mastered: for example, punctuation marks, case, time, abbreviation, railway line name, area name (Beijing Tianjin wing, Dawan District), etc.
10. Usually, you can read original works, watch English movies and TV plays, and learn to sing English songs. You can watch half an hour's English content every day. You need to record it with pen and paper. You need to practice your reaction speed. For example, you need to watch Chinese subtitles first, reflect English in your mind, and then write down some good expressions in comparison with the English expressions in subtitles. Song is an expression of culture, such as Chinese opera. We can learn the expression and cultivate the sense of language.
11. Good oral English, good translation. Miss Wang thinks that simultaneous interpreting is the highest level of translation because of the high demands of physical strength, comprehensive strength, rich corpus, response, processing speed and expression ability in translation.
12. Have a good habit of recording work. Part of computational corpus is a summary of our work. It is also convenient to calculate the contribution fee and accumulate the translation volume for the title evaluation.